Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Marine Camo Harmon




Rating: 4 points
Pros: Cool looking cover in it's own right.
Cons: Shipping issues from Canada. Don't I have this cover already?

It took me quite a while to find someone with this cover. My first attempt unexpectedly landed me with the very similar Digital Camo Harmon headcover from a friend who heard I was looking for a Camo Cover. The friend (assuring me it was the newest Camo Harmon cover) was gracious enough to sell it to me lower than his cost (but still higher than the going rate). Since I already had the Digital Camo cover and was looking forward to the Marine Camo version above, I was dissapointed to find the Digital Camo cover, but I'm not one to make a fuss. I am also one to hang on to duplicates, which did wind up serving me well....

A few weeks ago someone posted a Wanted to Buy/Trade ad on TCC and I was quick to reply... the deal was to be my duplicate Digital Camo cover for the '09 Lucky Dog and '09 Bandito Bull Dog covers, plus $100. A pretty good deal considering the going rate for those two covers. Once that deal was completed, I found another For Sale ad, this time for the Marine Camo. I watched it for a few days then replied to the seller once he dropped it to the $300 level. PayPal was sent and a few days later the seller let me know they shipped the cover. Here comes the fun part....

A few days later I received a notice from UPS that I missed their delivery (not too unusual)... but in addition there was a $44.44 COD charge. Perplexed, I messaged the seller to make sure this was not the cover I was expecting... anot not hearing back right away, I called UPS. That is when I discovered the package was from the seller... and he had shipped it from Canada (without notifing me, declareing it a Canadian product, and declaring the value over the duty threshold). Speaking with curteous representatives, I was able to negotiate the fees down to $25 due to the US origin of the product. However, after two more unsuccessfull delivery attempts I opted to pick up the package from the UPS distribution center... the associate handed me the package without having to pay. Good for me... but I wouldn't be surprised if I get a bill in the mail from UPS.

Long story short, I have my cover without having to pay anything extra for it and I'm not too upset with the seller. Obtaining this cover turned out to be quite an excursion in Cameron Collecting.

No comments: