Friday, March 28, 2008

Custom Shop Hoodie




Rating: 6 points
Pros: Looks cool, feels and fits nice, easy to wash.
Cons: Makes you look like a bum.

While all the attention on March 17th of this year was centered on the new Clover Headcover, a gem in the Scotty Cameron outerwear collection snuck into many members' shopping carts. There hadn't been a hoodie released since the 2007 Diamond Head, and it was well worth the wait. I remember seeing a few friends wearing the previous hoodie last year, and kicking myself for not ordering one. The new one looks better with upgraded and more Cameron specific graphics, you will have people ask you where you got this hoodie.

I waiver on sizing on most of my Cameron outerwear purchases, as I can never figure out if I'm XL or L. Standing 6'4" and 225lbs, I should be XL, but I swim in some articles that size (F&G polo's especially). I rolled the dice and purchased the XL version of this hoodie and it's easily the best fitting article of clothing I've ever bought from the Studio Store.

The hoodie is 100% pre-shrunk cotton, which feels great on the inside. It's the perfect lightweight jacket to wear over a short sleeve shirt on an early spring morning. Washing this hoodie is too easy it might make you want to actually do a load of laundry. Toss it in the washer with some jeans and socks and tumble dry, it doesn't get much easier, and the cotton (as expected) feels even nicer after it's been through the laundry with fabric softener.

I hope more people pick up this great addition to the outerwear line, I'll be getting a second one for my Dad. They're still available as of today in the Studio Store, and they are all over eBay and the classifieds section at competitive prices.

No comments: